Saturday, January 28, 2012

Barre Workouts

Over the last 7 months I have added Barre Workouts to my own sessions.   Wow!   No wonder Ballet Dancers have such great  legs and bottoms.   They use all the Pilates principles along with yoga, isometrics, cardio, kickboxing, balance and posture,  trust me, you will feel your thighs burning while doing this workout, and notice after a few sessions how much higher, rounder, and firmer your butt is.  

The two Barre workouts I am using right now are  Emma Newham's Barre Concept, Emma is now the first person to offer Teacher Certification in Barre Concept in the UK, Australia, Canada, and Ireland.   The workout itself is very thorough and you will use every single muscle in your body.  Also, if you are not familiar with Ballet, you will learn quite a few Ballet terminologies as well.   I did Ballet for 3 years when I was 7, but that's a long time ago and I am having to remember the positions.  Emma demonstrates these at the beginning of the DVD.

The Booty Barre by Tracey Mallet is equally as challenging, again using every single muscle in your body, the music is very upbeat and lots of fun.  To be honest I can see myself using these workouts for a very long time, because like Pilates every workout is different.

Both DVD's are getting rave reviews in Fitness Magazines, Newspapers and Television.  Give them a go, you have nothing to loose, but will gain  toned arms, legs, core and butt which is a great thing.   Oh!  and yes you will feel like a dancer

No comments:

Post a Comment